Eating healthy is easier said than done.
You can have all the best intentions. Even go as far as to buy all of the ingredients! But then the day gets away from you, and so does the healthy lunch you wanted to have.
When I first started eating healthier, I was super enthusiastic and motivated! Then, I tried to make time for meal prep and set myself up for success… Not so easy.
Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn’t. You need to give yourself time to create these new habits.
Once I did that, it started to come together. And the more often I ate healthy, the more often I felt GREAT and made it a priority!
I realized what I really needed were super easy lunch options. Like, really easy.
I’m sharing one of my favorite easy lunch recipes with you! My hope is to help you enjoy healthy lunches too, without going through too much trouble.
You’ll love this recipe! It’s fresh, healthy, crunchy, and even a bit zesty! The silky avocado and hummus add healthy fat, a creamy texture, and lots of flavors.
This hummus avocado raw veggie wrap takes less than 15 minutes to put together. Yay for saving time!
Add some of the flavorful ingredients listed below to make this raw veggie wrap insanely delicious! I’m talking about the olives, artichokes, and pepperoncini peppers.
These little secret ingredients kick up the zing, along with a dash of oregano and red wine vinegar! Just like a sandwich in a NYC Deli, they add punch to your raw veggie wrap.
INGREDIENTS FOR hummus avocado RAW VEGGIE WRAP
This easy veggie wrap includes the following ingredients:
- Wheat or veggie wrap: I usually use a whole wheat or multi-grain tortilla made from finely ground wheat flour.
- Greens: A few crunchy pieces of either romaine or red lettuce will work well. A small handful of spinach is great too!
- Artichokes: Canned artichokes work great.
- Olives: Kalamata olives slices are the best and bring the zing!
- Hummus: Store-bought or make your own. My favorite recipe is here.
- Cucumber: A long slice of cucumber brings the crunch!
- Red onion: A few little slices add just the right amount of kick.
- Pepperoncini peppers: One or two of these will add zest.
- Tomato: Tomatoes add a juicy, fresh taste!
- Avocado: Creamy addition of healthy fat.
- Oregano: Sprinkle on top for a bite of herbs!
- Red Wine Vinegar: Just a dash of red wine vinegar adds a ton of flavor. This is my zesty secret ingredient!
- Salt & pepper: A dash of each is perfect.
HOW TO MAKE the HUMMUS AVOCADO RAW VEGGIE WRAP
- Spread the hummus onto half of the wrap.
- Spread the avocado onto the other half.
- Add the romaine or your choice of greens on top of the hummus.
- Layer the cucumber, tomato, and onion on top of the greens.
- Add artichokes, olives, and pepperoncini peppers.
- Sprinkle with oregano, salt & pepper, and a dash of red wine vinegar.
- I add a couple of spinach leaves on top now, to make it easier to roll it.
- Pick up one side of the wrap, tuck it around all ingredients, and roll it up.
- Slice in half with a sharp knife and enjoy!
Now you know how to make a simple, healthy raw veggie wrap. Hopefully, you’ll make this your own by adding some of your favorite ingredients! (how about some roasted red peppers?)
I’d love to see your raw veggie wraps if you make them! If you decide to share it on Facebook or Instagram, please tag me at @itsazestylife!